Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Genea-Angel Award

One of the common traits among genealogists, besides our passion for the hobby, is that we love helping out others with their family history. I know that I have several Genea-Angels who have helped me along the way.

I've noticed that many blogs carry a variety of awards and recognitions, so I thought it might be fun to provide a Genea-Angel award. It's a simple way of paying it forward - to recognize those people who have aided in your research, provided insight or otherwise given you inspiration and guidance in your family history journey. The recipient of the Genea-Angel award may display the image on their blog or web site if they choose.

It's easy to recognize someone. You can use the Genea-Angel image in this post and use it in your blog or on your web site and share information about how your Genea-Angel helped you in your quest.

I wrote about my experience with one of my Genea-Angels a few weeks ago when Barbara Poole graciously obtained copies of pages of a family history book that had eluded me. So I thought it might be fun to pay it forward so others could recognize their Genea-Angels.

I look forward to reading about everyone else's Genea-Angels - I know there are a lot of them out there!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Susan and I award you the first one for coming up with the award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea, and Barbara is a perfect first choice. She's a great blogger and friend.

    ReplyDelete