Monday, July 5, 2010

Midwest Family History Expo - Blogger of Honor

I am very pleased to report that I have been invited to participate as a Blogger of Honor at the Midwest Family History Expo in Kansas City on July 30-31. The event will be held at the KCI Expo Center, 11730 North Ambassador Drive in Kansas City.

I'm making my list and checking it twice - items I need to pack for Kansas City:

  • New net book computer for blogging
  • Digital voice recorder for those spontaneous interviews (bought it four or five years ago and decided today that I'd better read the instruction manual)
  • My FlipVideo camera to capture all of the Live Action! (so long as I can remember the difference between pause and record)
  • Batteries for the aforementioned gadgets
  • Notebooks and pens
This is starting to sound like an awfully heavy bag to tote around. And of all those items, what will I end up using the most? Probably the notebooks and pens!

Anyway, I am most pleased and honored to be invited to participate as a Blogger of Honor at the Expo - my first. I'm really looking forward to meeting the Rock Stars of the geneablogging world and many of the folks I've networked with through Geneabloggers and Facebook. Won't you join me in Kansas City?


08:13 PM UPDATE:

Family History Expos has announced the list of Bloggers of  Honor as well as other bloggers who will be in attendance at the event:

Our Midwest Bloggers of Honor are:
Thomas MacEntee, Destination: Austin Family
Susan Petersen, Long Lost Relatives
William L. Smith, Ph.D., Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories

Other Bloggers in Attendance at the Midwest Family History Expo include:
Tami Glatz, Relatively Curious
Leland Meitzler, GenealogyBlog
Michael John Neill, Casefile Clues 
Gena Philibert Ortega, Gena’s Genealogy

These really ARE some of the Rock Stars of the Geneablogger world. I'm excited and humbled to be in your company!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to following your adventures on this blog. I just attended Loveland and was a Blogger of Honor. Holly's great and you'll have such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky! I read every word you wrote from Colorado and could hardly wait for you to post the photographs. I'm really excited about attending my first BIG conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting Susan. Can't wait to hear all about it. What fun, fun, fun. (PS, since this morning I've been changing my Locations, thanks to you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara - we need to stop looking at each other's blogs - we keep creating more work for each other! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to finally meet you Susan and I'll look forward to your reports about Midwest Family History Expos!

    I will be there with a special set of mardi gras beads for the members of GeneaBloggers!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I'm only doing this for the beads, Thomas! haha. Looking forward to meeting you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Thomas is trouble. Be careful. :)

    ReplyDelete