Friday, July 23, 2010

Countdown: Midwest Family History Expo - Kansas City

The countdown to the Midwest Family History Expo in Kansas City has begun! One week from today, the conference begins.


The preparations leading up to the conference have begun as I've been gathering up all the bits and pieces of Blogger Technology to take on the trip.

Blogger Checklist:
  • Net book computer for blogging
  • Spiral notebooks for note taking
  • Markers and pens and post-it flags for marking up my syllabus
  • Digital camera
  • Flip video camera
  • Digital voice recorder (not to worry - I know we're not allowed to record the sessions!)
  • Garmin nuvi GPS system so I can get to and around in Kansas City (free maps from AAA are so passe! haha) - I just hope I figure out how to work the thing before next Friday.
Looking at what all of this will weigh, my guess is that I'll pare down the technology to the net book and camera. Just the thought of carrying around the 363 page syllabus is a bit overwhelming. Well, my doctor said she wants me to start lifting weights, so maybe I'll just split the syllabus in half and build up my muscles.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the other Bloggers and other Facebook friends at the Family History Expo. I have no doubt that a pleasant time will be had for all. The Geneabloggers really seems to be a great group of people and I'm looking forward to making some lasting friendships.

If you can make it, please join us. If you're already planning on attending, I hope we'll get to say Hello.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get there!! Your countdown clock made me realize that I better stop playing around on the computer and start getting ready. Just got back late last night from a business trip so have to unpack, wash and re-pack...but this time it's for fun :-)

    ReplyDelete