Sunday, September 11, 2011

Around the Blogosphere - September 11, 2011

I am still outrageously behind in reading everyone's blog posts from the past week, but I have managed to select a few for inclusion in Around the Blogosphere.

Since so many folks attended FGS in Springfield, Illinois this week, I kept up on those activities via blogs, tweets and postings on Facebook. Rather than single out any of these posts, I suggest you take a look at the blog roll and tweets from the conference that are available on Geneabloggers.com

The best photos to capture the event were posted by Linda McCauley. My favorites were Abe Lincoln listening intently to Thomas MacEntee, and Dear Myrtle wielding a pitchfork. I hope someone shares the story about that! I think Abe really wants to get his hands on some geneablogger beads!

Good blog reading this week came from:

Labor Day Isn't a Good Day For Me - Debi Austen's beautiful tribute to her father on Who Knew?

Deb Ruth shared how she made use of her electricity-deficit time in When the Lights Go Out on Adventures in Genealogy.

Beatles fans will get the reference in Everyone Knew Her as Nancy, but her name was Agnes by Jean on Bluegrass and Buckeye Roots.

It's a short list this week, but as I get through my Google Reader, perhaps more of this week's posts will show up in next week's list.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention! It was a hard post of me to write - glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention! Even though it was great to discover new gems sure is nice to have electricity!

    ReplyDelete