Friday, March 18, 2011

Follow Friday - Around the Blogosphere - March 18, 2011

Here are some of my favorite posts from the genealogy blogs from the past week.

The Reno County Genealogical Society shared some information about resources available at the Midwest Genealogy Center near Kansas City.

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings wrote about using PERSI to find genealogy related periodicals.

James Tanner of Genealogy's Star wrote about anonymity and privacy in the world of genealogy. Another excellent post from James was The impact of e-books on genealogy.

Greta Koehl of Greta's Genealogy Blog reflected on RootsTech and its impact on genealogy now and in the future. You'll also enjoy Greta's humor on Top 10 Scenes I'd Like to see on "Who Do You Think You Are."

Ruby Coleman, one of the You Go Genealogy Girls wrote a fun piece that we "older" genealogists can relate to with Trying to Remember.

Since I have some Paltine ancestors, I enjoyed this article from the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog.

Creating an Electronic Index on Technology Tamers offers some tips on getting a handle on your digital information.

The blog from the Nebraska State Historical Society wrote about the Irish in Lincoln and featured the brother-in-law of my great grandfather - John Fitzgerald.

John Gasson of the Wandering Genealogist provides asks some relevant questions in RootsTech: Am I the only one that wasn't interested? Check out the comments - it would appear that RootsTech did not necessarily grab the interest of the entire genealogy tech community.

Margel of 2338 W Washington Blvd also poses some questions for reflection in Ponderings on Blog Posts. Be sure to leave a comment about your reasons for blogging.

Other recommended reading

Other bloggers also offer their recommendations and weekly highlights. Check their recommended reading lists:

Randy Seaver's Best of the Geneablogs on Geneamusings.


Greta's Follow Friday on Greta's Genealogy Blog.

Elizabeth O'Neal's Best Bytes on Little Bytes of Life.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention, Susan! Nice to get back home and read your list; I've missed you all while I've been gone this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the mention. I found from the replies that I am not alone in my feelings about my blog. There's a place for all of us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete