Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fearless Females: Emma Harriet Landon Bellinger

Lisa Alzo, who writes The Accidental Genealogist blog, has brought back a 31-day series of blogging themes called Fearless Females, in honor of celebrating March as Women's History Month. I hope to participate in as many of these blogging prompts as possible this month.

 March 2 — Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?


Emma Harriet Landon Bellinger
1862-1915
This photo is a tintype of my great-great grandmother, Emma Harriet Landon Bellinger. Some sources refer to her as Harriet Emma, but in the family, she was known as Emma.

This is one of only two photographs I have of Emma and this one appears to have taken in her younger years.


I like the flowers in hr hair and the scarf around her neck.
And her eyes . . . very haunting eyes.


I chose this photo because I've never posted it on this blog before.Read all posts in this series

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the eyes too. Light eyes, darker hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely. I wonder why the scarf, since she was indoors, regardless, I love her round face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she lovely - she looks quite exotic with her scarf and flowers :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete