Monday, October 25, 2010

Amanuensis Monday - Love Letter to Grandma from Grandpa



Greenwood, Neb.
March 20-1910

Dear Friend received your card and upon this date was very glad to hear from you everything here is fine and dandy.

I have got my ida of you write down here and ask me why I never come up.

Do you expect me to come without you asking me? if so Just name the day.

I saw your Papa down here the other day and I didn't hardly know him it surprised me to see him in Greenwood and more

as if you asked about mother she is feeling fine the last few weeks and of course I am the same. as it is late I will close.

From your loving Friend.

Will

hoping to here from you soon.

S.W.A.K.

This letter was written by my grandfather, William Kelly, to my grandmother, Sina Bellinger, in March 1910. They were married October 8, 1913. They were married 42 years, until her death in 1955.

Bill and Sina Kelly
Greenwood, Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment