John Colletta will be the featured speaker at a full day conference sponsored by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Genealogical Society and Southeast Community College on October 9, 2010. Cost is $50 which includes conference materials and lunch. The registration deadline is October 1. The conference will be held at the SCC Continuing Education Center, 301 S. 68th Street Place in Lincoln.
Colletta's topics are:
- Assembling and Writing a Narrative Family History
- Turning Biographical Facts into Real-Life Events: Building Historical Context
- Our Spectacular Library of Congress: An Overview with Research Examples
- Understanding Archives: What They Are and How to Use Them
The Greater Omaha Genealogical Society fall conference will be October 30, 2010 at Nebraska Methodist College, 720 N. 87th St., Omaha. Advance registration is $20 for membership and $30 for nonmembers. Lunch is available for $4.50
- Land Records - presented by Lynne A. Farr
- Oral Histories - presented by Lucille Saunders
- Organizing Your Files - presented by Cyndy Salzmann
- What You Can Do With a Digital Camera - presented by Jeff Ramsell
Hope to see at one or both!