Thursday, February 7, 2013

Turn Your Tablet Into a Lean, Mean Genealogy Machine

Last Sunday, I was very pleased to give a presentation and facilitate a discussion on tablet computing for genealogy. This was for the Technology Interest Group of the Lincoln-Lancaster County Genealogical Society (LLCGS). We had a wonderful turnout with a lot of great comments and questions.

While it's not quite the same as being there in person, here are the slides that I shared with the group. I guess I'm going to have to change a few of the transition slides in the examples of photo editing software for online viewing. But for now, here it is. I've also posted a PDF file of some recommended apps for the iPad and iPhone to aid in genealogy research. I hope you'll pick up a few tips. Click here for the PDF file.



2 comments:

  1. Susan, this is a fabulous presentation! I just spent 30 minutes going through it and used my Microsoft snipping tool to save a number of the clips to remind myself which ones I want to look at later. Wish I could have been there in person to see the presentation live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it helpful, Teresa. Be sure to check out the accompanying PDF file with clickable links to the App Store - there's even more apps than are shown in the slideshow. It is also located on SlideShare. slideshare.net/SusanPetersen1

      Delete