Saturday, May 28, 2011

Searching for Sina - Sina Kelly and daughter Maxine

Sina Bellinger Kelly
and her first born child
Maxine Dorothy Kelly
This is the year that I am seeking information on my maternal grandmother, Sina Bellinger Kelly.

I've recently discovered two boxes of family history information and photos that had been long forgotten. I don't even remember seeing this photograph of Sina and her first born child, Maxine Dorothy Kelly.

Little Maxine (my aunt) lived only 13 months. She was born August 6, 1914 and died the following year, on September 15, 1915. On the back of this photograph, Sina has written that Maxine was three months old. Sina was about 25 years old when this photograph was taken in the fall of 1914.

Sina's mother, Emma Harriet Landon Bellinger, died about a month after this photograph was taken. The following month, in January 1916, Sina gave birth to her next child, Margaret Janice Kelly.

It seems to me that was a lot for young Sina to deal with in just a five month period of time.

More articles about Sina Bellinger Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Sad story, but what a great picture to find! You know, one of the things I've found when I do time lines is exactly what you are talking about - it helps me understand what all was going on at almost the same time. Often I have been aware of all the individual pieces of a person's life, but never fully appreciated how they all went together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you have inspired me to drag the photo boxes back out and see what I've missed! I've started a time line for my Mary/Martha brickwall person, I need to get back to it! Thanks for the nudge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana and Jenna - thanks for the comments. My focus on Sina all started in Lisa Alzo's session on finding female ancestors that we attended in KC last summer! I know there's more to find once I sit myself down in the microfilm room at the historical society.

    As far as I know, this is the only photo I have of Sina with any of her children when they were children. The others are all after they were adults. I'm trying not to read too much into that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are going through old boxes filled with old family papers and photos...the research clues are in front of you. I agree with Diana, very sad story regarding the deaths.

    ReplyDelete